Man electrocuted wading through flooded compound

Man electrocuted wading through flooded compound

KUANTAN: A man died, believed to have been electrocuted, while wading through flood waters in his house compound in Kampung Paya Kechik, Temerloh, yesterday.

Temerloh district police chief ACP Mohd Yusri Othman said the incident occurred at about 6.30 pm when the victim, Isyraf Muhammad, 41, was believed to have touched an iron pole of a garage in the flooded compound of the house.

“The victim’s mother claimed she saw her son, like he was electrocuted and rushed to his aid, but she was thrown off from him.

“The victim’s older brother then went to their aid and took the victims to the Tanjung Lalang Clinic, where Isyraf was pronounced dead,” he said when contacted here.

Mohd Yusri said the victim’s mother was sent for treatment at the Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Hospital (HOSHAS), Temerloh, where Isyraf’s body was also sent for post mortem.