Breaking News
Claims of armed men entering Semporna, Lahad Datu baseless
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 16 — Claims of a group of armed men entering Semporna and Lahad
...No subsidy cuts planned despite soaring petroleum costs linked to West Asia conflict
KUALA LUMPUR, July 15 — More than 3,500 medical officers left Malaysia’s public healthcare sector over
...Melaka PKR urges calm, seeks consensus on nominated assemblymen issue
MELAKA, July 15 — Parti Keadilan Rakyat (Keadilan) Melaka has urged all parties to not make hasty
...Tunku Zain named new Tunku Panglima Besar of Negeri Sembilan
KUALA PILAH, June 10 — Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir today
...Politicians must watch their words, avoid misuse of free speech
KUALA LUMPUR, June 1 — His Majesty Sultan Ibrahim, King of Malaysia, today ordered all political
...Nga Kor Ming says Malaysia’s rise in trust rankings reflects growing confidence in the country
KUALA LUMPUR, May 22 — Malaysia’s ranking as the seventh most trusted nation globally under the
...
MACC remands ex-CEO over RM360m false claims in RM1.3b highway project
KUALA LUMPUR, May 3 — A former chief executive officer of a company is on remand for three days until Monday for allegedly submitting claims containing false particulars amounting to RM360 million.
The remand order was issued by Registrar Eleanor Mako Timothy following an application by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) at the Putrajaya Magistrate’s Court today.
According to a source, the suspect, a man in his 40s, was arrested at about 11pm yesterday when he went to give his statement at the MACC Headquarters in Putrajaya.
“Initial investigations found that the suspect is believed to be involved in submitting documents containing false particulars to make claims amounting to about RM360 million using sukuk funds in a highway construction project worth RM1.3 billion,” said the source.
Meanwhile, MACC Senior Director of the Investigation Division Datuk Zainul Darus, when contacted, confirmed the arrest and informed that the case was being investigated under Section 18 of the MACC Act 2009.
Zainul said four individuals, three men and one woman, including one with the title ‘Datuk Seri’, in their 40s and 70s, who were remanded last Wednesday in connection with the same case, had been released on MACC bail.

