ALT

Hisham on finding Jho Low: My offer still stands

Hisham on finding Jho Low: My offer still stands

KUALA LUMPUR: The offer to look for fugitive businessman Low Taek Jho still stands, says former defence minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein.

“My offer is still on. It’s not as easy as that as it involves third parties and governments.

“I want to find the truth about 1MDB. I’ve been consistent with that and I want to do my part,” he told reporters when met in Parliament lobby on Tuesday (March 12).

“It’s not something that can be done by one man,” he added.

Hishammuddin said he wanted to help to look for Low, or better known as Jho Low, until the “ends of the earth” and bring him back to face the music.

The Sembrong MP previously said he would use his contacts and links with the Chinese government in the pursuit of Jho Low.

At the same time, Hishammuddin said the authorities are welcomed to pursue their own investigations and they can pursue his former aides over graft allegations.

“We want truth and justice. As much as my offices and I will be investigated, others responsible must face justice.”

Last Saturday, Deputy Defence Minister Liew Chin Tong claimed that Hishammuddin’s former aides had a hand in an armed forces land-swap deal that caused losses amounting to RM500mil.
Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/03/12/my-offer-still-stands-says-hisham-on-finding-jho-low/#5zUgqJ1S60YLQV48.99