Hannah: Check before donating to charities

Hannah: Check before donating to charities

KUALA LUMPUR: The public are being urged to make sure the person who approaches them for a donation has a valid permit to do it, the Dewan Rakyat was told today.

Women, Family and Community Development Deputy Minister, Hannah Yeoh, informed the Dewan Rakyat that permits are issued by the Home Affairs Ministry, while for buskers, the permit can be gotten from the Kuala Lumpur City Hall.

“We already have a list of registered charities, so if one really wants to help, they can contact the agency or the NGO to give a cheque or make a bank transfer,” she said, adding they can also call Talian Kasih 15999 or contact the police, who will provide a verification service.


Tags assigned to this article:
donating to charitieshannah