Farhash to IGP: Arrest Azmin if you have any credibility

Farhash to IGP: Arrest Azmin if you have any credibility

PUCHONG: Perak PKR chief Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak today hurled brickbats at Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador for not arresting Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali for being implicated in the sex video scandal.

Farhash was released today from police custody after being remanded eight days to assist in police investigation into the sex video scandal.

The PKR leader also alleged that there was a political conspiracy against party president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

“The political conspiracy is against Anwar. So, if the IGP has any credibility, bring Azmin in. Get him and investigate him,” said Farhash amid about 100 supporters outside the Dang Wangi police headquarters this afternoon.

Farhash is also Anwar’s political secretary.

Last week, Farhash and an unidentified man was remanded by the police to assist in the investigation of the sex video.

Hamid, on the other hand, said that CyberSecurity Malaysia had authenticated the sex video as genuine but added that the authorities were unable to identify the duo featured in the video.

The top cop also alleged that a leader of a political party was behind the dissemination of the video. However, Hamid did not name the political leader.

Upset with his arrest, Farhash accused the police of being biased against him by putting him behind bars for days.

“No police report was lodged against me in the first place. Besides, I don’t look like Azmin Ali. So, why can’t the cops just call me?

“I would have just gone and given my statement. But instead, they chose to detain me like some murderer, a low-level convict and they tried to impose the harshest penalties on me,” he said.

Farhash also claimed that the police had initially wanted to remand him under Section 377B of the Penal Code, which deals with voluntarily committing carnal intercourse against the order of nature.

However, the police backtracked and remanded him under Section 292 of the same Code, which deals with disseminating obscene material, as well as Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, which deals with the improper use of network facilities or network service.

On his plans following his release, Farhash said he would spend more time with family and analyse how the media and political landscape have changed following the sex video scandal.

On related matter, former Santubong PKR youth chief Muhammad Haziq Abdul Aziz was also released today on police bail after being detained for nine days.

Haziq’s legal representative, S Ramesh said they are waiting for further developments in investigations of the case.

“The investigations are almost complete. At the moment, there is no indication that he will be charged but we are waiting for further developments,” said Ramesh.