Breaking News
Sultan Ibrahim receives Bernama coffee table book documenting his journey as King
KUALA LUMPUR, May 18 — His Majesty Sultan Ibrahim, King of Malaysia, consented to receive a
...Hazmat team contains chemical spill at Alor Gajah resort after pool treatment accident
ALOR GAJAH, May 18 — The Melaka Fire and Rescue Department (JBPM) successfully contained a chemical
...PM announces govt raising Mitra allocation to RM150m
KUALA LUMPUR, May 11 — The government has agreed to increase the allocation to the Malaysian
...Kedah Sultan’s birthday moved from June 21 to July 5, public holiday changed
ALOR SETAR, May 7 — The official birthday celebration of the Sultan of Kedah Al Aminul
...Johor MB quashes rumours of state assembly dissolution today
ISKANDAR PUTERI, May 7 — Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Onn Hafiz Ghazi has quashed rumours that
...Sarawak to conduct cloud seeding over key dams to boost water supply
KUCHING, May 5 — The Malaysian Meteorological Department (MetMalaysia) will conduct cloud seeding operations in Sarawak
...
All ministers’ leave revoked, all hands on deck for Malaysia’s floods
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 29 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim said all federal ministers’ leave have been cancelled to ensure every government resource is available to deal with the country’s floods.
He said it was critical that all ministers be involved in assisting the flood mitigation efforts in parts of Malaysia hit by flooding.
“All ministers are instructed to continue their duties and head to the affected areas,” he was reported as saying by New Straits Times.
Anwar also confirmed that this meant previously approved leave for his ministers was now revoked.
Earlier, the government activated federal Centralised Disaster Operations Control Centre (PKOB) to coordinate rescue operations and manage flood victims, as severe flooding affects eight states across Malaysia.
As of 6am on Friday, 80,589 victims have been displaced due to floods nationwide, with 467 temporary relief centres activated.
So far, four deaths have been recorded across Kelantan, Terengganu, and Sarawak.
Experts are warning that this year’s flood could be the most severe in recent memory, due in part to unusual weather phenomenon.

