Breaking News
Claims of armed men entering Semporna, Lahad Datu baseless
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 16 — Claims of a group of armed men entering Semporna and Lahad
...No subsidy cuts planned despite soaring petroleum costs linked to West Asia conflict
KUALA LUMPUR, July 15 — More than 3,500 medical officers left Malaysia’s public healthcare sector over
...Melaka PKR urges calm, seeks consensus on nominated assemblymen issue
MELAKA, July 15 — Parti Keadilan Rakyat (Keadilan) Melaka has urged all parties to not make hasty
...Tunku Zain named new Tunku Panglima Besar of Negeri Sembilan
KUALA PILAH, June 10 — Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir today
...Politicians must watch their words, avoid misuse of free speech
KUALA LUMPUR, June 1 — His Majesty Sultan Ibrahim, King of Malaysia, today ordered all political
...Nga Kor Ming says Malaysia’s rise in trust rankings reflects growing confidence in the country
KUALA LUMPUR, May 22 — Malaysia’s ranking as the seventh most trusted nation globally under the
...
Setia Alam shopping mall shooting suspect killed in shootout with police at Pulau Ketam hotel
SHAH ALAM, Feb 18 — The suspect in last week’s shooting at a Setia Alam shopping mall was killed in a shootout with police at a hotel in Pulau Ketam, Klang, early this morning.
Selangor police chief Datuk Hussein Omar Khan said the man in his 30s, was tracked down in a joint operation by the Bukit Aman and Selangor Criminal Investigation Departments at around 3 am.
“A shootout occurred inside a hotel room, and the suspect was shot dead,” he said in a statement today, adding that two loaded firearms were found in his possession during the raid.
The suspect, who had nine prior criminal records, including one for a drug-related offence and seven for robbery, had been hiding at the hotel for the past two days, said Hussein.
On Feb 8, a cleaner was shot in the leg by an unidentified individual at a shopping mall in Setia Alam.
The suspect then fled by hijacking a vehicle and forcing the driver to help him escape.
Subsequently, Hussein confirmed that police had identified the suspect and launched a manhunt.

