Sex video still under police probe

Sex video still under police probe

KUALA LUMPUR: The sex video implicating former Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz with someone resembling Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali are still under police probe, confirmed the police chief today.

“Police are in the midst of gathering certain evidence, as instructed by the Attorney-General’s Chambers. The investigation is ongoing, it is not closed,” said Inspector General of Police Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador today.

“We don’t decide on the time-frame. We are aiming to solve the case as soon as possible, both in terms of who spread the video and the perpetrators in the video,” he added.

Haziq claimed that he was the individual in the video that was alleged to have been shot during during the Sandakan by -election whereas Azmin denied those allegations.

Hamid said Cybersecurity Malaysia confirmed the videos as authentic but the facial recognition procedure failed to link Azmin to the videos.

Last week another six clips were released to media personnel and some politicians, again implicating Azmin.

On another issue, Hamid confirmed that the police are still on the lookout for PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s political secretary, Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak even though the police report against the latter has been withdrawn.

“Police are still tracking his whereabouts,” Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador told reporters in Cheras today. 

“We will record his statement and forward the investigation paper to the deputy public prosecutor for them to decide whether to make it NFA (no further action) or otherwise.”

Farhash had initially promised to cooperate with the police but failed to do so.

He and his friends are wanted for allegedly bashing up a muay thai trainer outside the Arena All Stars sports complex in Ampang on the night of Aug 31.