Saifuddin Nasution hits out at recycled false claims of Home Ministry granting citizenship en masse to foreigners

by Theleaders | August 19, 2026 11:43 am

PUTRAJAYA, Aug 19 — Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail has denied claims that the Home Ministry (KDN) granted citizenship en masse to foreign nationals and that 1.2 million Chinese nationals had remained in Malaysia.

Saifuddin Nasution said he had denied the allegations on numerous occasions, but some people continued to deliberately recycle videos, posters and narratives relating to the issue.

“I have repeatedly rejected these claims and have provided explanations backed by facts and official data.

“Yet some parties continue to deliberately recycle videos, posters and narratives that have already been corrected to confuse the public and stir racial tensions and hatred,” he said in a post on his official social media accounts today.

Saifuddin Nasution said the matter had already been explained officially, with the facts documented in earlier statements and media reports.

“The dissemination of such defamatory claims not only tarnishes the reputation of individuals or institutions, but more worryingly, can undermine public confidence in state institutions, stir racial hatred, disrupt public order and threaten national security,” he said.

He urged everyone to stop spreading such claims and not to exploit sensitive issues for political interests or social media attention.

“I also call on the public to check the accuracy of information with official sources before accepting or sharing it.

“Use social media responsibly. Facts are facts, and data is data. Do not let false claims override the truth,” he said.

Several posters alleging that KDN had granted citizenship to foreigners en masse have been widely circulated on social media. 

Source URL: https://theleaders-online.com/saifuddin-nasution-hits-out-at-recycled-false-claims-of-home-ministry-granting-citizenship-en-masse-to-foreigners/