Do not watch or share video of New Zealand mosque shootings

by Theleaders-Online | March 15, 2019 8:22 am

NEW ZEALAND: Police strongly urge members of the public not to watch the footage of the Christchurch shooting describing it as a “horrifying attack on innocent people worshipping.

Video of the horrifying attack was live streamed to Facebook this morning and has since popped up across social media networks.

The footage shows a gunman getting into his car, driving to a mosque and opening fire on scores of people inside this morning.

This is an attack of worshippers practicing their faith, innocently. An attack on any religion is an affront on all religions, it is an affront on our common humanity.

At least 40 people have been killed after shooters opened fire at two mosque in the New Zealand city of Christchurch.

Police have taken four people into custody, three men and one woman, after the attacks, which involved a fleet of rifles and cars containing improvised explosive devices.

Both locations remain on lockdown, according to New Zealand Police.

All mosques in New Zealand have also been told to shut their doors with the police advising people to refrain from visiting these premises until further notice.

The Leaders Online supports the view of the New Zealand police in this matter and hope that the public will not encourage these type of violence and hate crime by sharing the footage.

Related Post

One dead, three injured in shooting outside Australia nightclub MELBOURNE: A drive-by shooting outside a nightclub inflicted “horrific injuries” that killed a security guard and wounded three men, police said on Sunday, but there was no suggestion yet that the attack was terror-related. Australia has some of the world’s toughest gun control laws, adopted a...
New Zealand mosque attacks suspect to undergo mental tests Christchurch, New Zealand - The Australian man accused of murdering 50 people at two New Zealand mosques has been ordered to undergo mental tests. At the brief and sombre hearing in Christchurch on Friday, Justice Cameron Mander ordered Brenton Tarrant, the suspected gunman, to undergo a psychia...
Christchurch mosque attacker to face 50 murder charges CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand: The man accused of attacking two mosques in Christchurch last month will face 50 murder charges when he appears in court on Friday, New Zealand police said. Australian Brenton Tarrant was previously charged with one murder as a holding measure, but police said Thursday...

Source URL: https://theleaders-online.com/do-not-watch-or-share-video-of-new-zealand-mosque-shootings/